We, at Kernels, have been proud of providing an extraordinary experience for both our loyal customers and dedicated employees for over 37 years. It’s through our consistent attention to our core values of excellent customer service, premium product quality and effective operational processes that keep us focused on creating the extraordinary experience each and every day.
During these unprecedented times, we are continuing our unwavering commitment to our core values and have increased our attention on operational protocols to ensure the safety of our customers in addition to the well being and safety of our employees.
As the impact of COVID warrants increased vigilance in how we conduct ourselves personally and in particular our work environment, we have adapted our operational procedures (including preparation of our popcorn) in order to prioritize health and safety protocols in our store environment. Any and all changes to how we now operate and serve our customers are made with this in mind.
At our stores, the following changes have occurred:
- During our initial re-opening period our stores will be operating on reduced hours. Please call our store directly for store hours of operation
- Upon visiting our stores, our customers will be required to practice safe physical distancing at our counters before, during and after placing an order, customers are required to wear a face mask in order to be served
- We advise customers to stay home and not visit the shopping centre and our store if they are not feeling well (For the protection of our employees, we will not be able to serve any customers exhibiting any cold, flu or COVID like symptoms)
- We will be suspending for the time being, until further notice, our practice of offering samples at the store counter and refilling mini pails and party pails
- We will only be accepting credit cards, debit, Kernels Gift or Perks Cards. Until further notice, we will not be accepting cash as a form of payment
- We will be proactively monitoring the health and well being of our employees prior to the start of each shift
- Our employees are directed to stay home if they exhibit any cold, flu or COVID like symptoms and are to seek prompt attention from a medical practitioner
- Our employees are required to practice proper hygiene by frequent hand washing, before starting and after finishing their shift and throughout their shift
- Hand sanitizers will be used by our employees to provide additional disinfection between hand washings
- Our employees are now required to wear personal protective wear such as medical grade face masks during their entire shift. (Specific training is provided to each employee on the proper use, wear, safe removal and disposal of all personal protective items used by an employee.)
- We have enhanced our daily in store cleaning practices by increasing the frequency throughout the day in cleaning and sanitizing work surfaces, equipment, utensils, store fixtures, high touch surfaces, counter area, etc.
- Our employees have been trained on our new safety and operational changes
In addition, we continue monitoring daily all levels of government and provincial releases on COVID to ensure we are implementing best practices to prevent the spread of this virus.
Please continue to check www.kernelspopcorn.com for the latest updates and information regarding further changes to Kernels practices with respect to COVID.
Should you have any questions regarding the above, we invite you to contact Bernice Sinopoli (Email – email@example.com or Phone – 416.487.4194, ext 214)