12 Days Of Christmas With Kernels
Deck the halls and hang the stockings, the holidays are here! The most wonderful time of the year, the magic lasts all season long. So, to help kick-start the season, we've rounded up 12 of our favourite holiday activities to enjoy with the whole family!
1. Cut Down A Christmas Tree - There's nothing quite like the scent of a fresh Evergreen in your home. Between the holiday spirit, the hot chocolate and the fresh air, a visit to a cut-your-own farm is one of the best ways to spend a weekend in December. Oh, and did we mention the pine-scented air?
2. Christmas Markets – A beloved yuletide tradition, German Christmas Markets offer a variety of sweets, treats and treasures. Sip on some Glühwein, grab a selection of handcrafted goods and cherish the charm of these bustling alpine markets.
3. Outdoor Ice Skating - Glide into the holidays with a traditional winter activity. Lace up and take a spin on an outdoor ice skating arena for a seriously cool adventure!
4. Frosty Fun - Do you wanna build a snowman? Of course you do! When the white stuff starts falling, who doesn't love a good snow day? Whether making snow angels, building a snowman or having a snowball fight, there's no shortage of cold weather fun!
5. Baking - Is there anything better than holiday treats? Whether it's gingerbread houses or shortbread cookies, baking is one quintessential holiday tradition that we look forward to every year.
6. Light Displays - As dazzling lights decorate our cities, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And no matter where you are, it's not the holidays without twinkling lights. Bundle up and take in the most enchanting displays around your hometown.
7. Caroling - The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear! Whether listening to a choir, sailing on a carol ship or joining a neighborhood troupe, there are few things more festive than those familiar yuletide tunes.
8. Holiday Movies - Who doesn't love a good holiday flick? Turn on the fireplace, get cozy and settle in for a movie night at home! And since no movie night is complete without popcorn, our pails or holiday tins are perfect for sharing!
9. Deck The Halls - Whether decorating with boughs of holly or trimming the tree, nothing brings the whole family together more than getting your homeready for the holidays.
10. Visit Santa - A jingle of bells and a clatter of hooves means that Santa Clause is coming to town! Straight from the North Pole, go meet the jolly old fellow himself!
11. Decorate A Gingerbread House - Gather up the gang, break out the candy and build a gingerbread village!
12. Secret Santa - It's the season for giving, so why not do a Secret Santa gift exchange with your friends, family or co-workers? While it's always fun to be on the receiving end, we promise the best feeling ever is seeing someone's face light up as they open your perfect present. Pssst- we heard everyoneloves popcorn!
What's your favourite holiday tradition? Let us know in the comments below! Happy Holidays!