Kooking (And Spooking) With Kernels
It's almost Halloween...which means it's just about time to trick or treat yo'self! Whether you're partaking in an adults-only soiree or you're hosting a kids' lunch this October, easy snacks are a must for quick entertaining. And we've got just the trick to help you in the treat department, so we're sharing a couple of our favourite recipes for no-bake treats that are frightfully easy!
Few snacks are as satisfying as apples and peanut butter. Put a spooky spin on this perennial fave by adding popcorn fangs to help you get your treat on.
- 1 green apple
- Peanut Butter
- Kernels Buttersalt or Creamy Caramel Popcorn
1) Cut green apples into small slices—we got about 16 pieces from one apple.
2) Spread peanut butter on the edge of two apple slices.
3) On top of one slice, line up pieces of popcorn to fit. Then, top it off with the other slice.
Candy Corn Cones
Sweet, salty and a little bit spooky! These Candy Corn & Popcorn Cones are the perfect treat for goblins and ghouls alike. The best part? They're scarily simple to make!
- 12 waffle cones
- 6 cups Kernels Buttersalt Popcorn
- 6 cups Kernels Orange Popcorn (from Very Scary or Witch's Brew)
- 6 cups Kernels Banana Popcorn (from Superkid) or Creamy Caramel
- 700 g white frosting (appx. 2 containers)
- Red and yellow food colouring.
1) Separate frosting into three separate bowls.
2) Add food colouring into two bowls creating orange and yellow colours. Leave one batch uncoloured.
3) Spread frosting into three even layers on the waffle cones. Allow to dry.
4) Scoop popcorn and candy corn into waffles.
What's your favourite Halloween treat? Let us know in the comments below!