February is Heart Month
February is Heart Month, a good time to soften your heart and open it up to others. Yes, that sounds corny but that's ok when you are in the corn business. And of course speaking of the heart, February contains a very special day - Valentine's Day!
The 14th of February first became associated with romantic love, "within the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the 14th century, when the tradition of courtly love flourished". (Wikipedia).
When it comes to Customer Service, "heart" is at the center of the Kernel's customer service experience, as it is at the heart of any relationship, "…a combination of care, giving, trust, passion, listening and loyalty". (Parature Resources 2017)
Here are 14 amazing quotes for anyone who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience:
- "It is when we forget ourselves that we do things which will be remembered."
- "Know what your customers want most and what your company does best. Focus on where those two meet."
- "People don't care how much you know, but they know how much you care by the way you listen."
- "Remember, the deepest principle of human nature is the craving to be appreciated."
- "A rose on time is more valuable than a $1000 gift that's too late."
- "Although your customers won't love you if you give bad service, your competitors will."
- "Get your customers involved in your business. Make them your partners and they'll never leave you."
- "If you don't care, your customer never will."
- "Revolve your world around the customer and more customers will revolve around you."
- "The customer's perception is your reality."
- "The two most powerful things in existence: a kind word and a thoughtful gesture."
- "Without great employees you can never have great customer service."
–Richard F. Gerson
- "You don't earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day."
- "Why wait to be memorable?"
(Parature Resources 2017)
Speaking of memorable here is to recognizing our Popstars:
Galaxy (team) PopStars, sort of like the Big Dipper – every star counts!
Market Mall - Calgary:
Elena passed this one along to me…
I've actually already settled this with one of the franchises personally. They were very helpful in providing my organization with some great products to use in our charity event. We were hosting a birthday party for some kids at the homeless shelter and the children loved the popcorn. We were all very happy with the service provided; they were fast and efficient and very accommodating for even our last minute requests. If you could pass along our sentiments to the folks working at the Market Mall Kernels stand in Calgary, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you for following up with my inquiry.
Cindy from Calgary
Another team Popstar…
This one from Lawson Heights Saskatoon:
I will say that your popcorn truly is the very best. I will add as well that one of my 4 teen sons is a vegetarian so your product is a welcome and delicious treat for us on the weekends. My son Mac, works in Lawson Heights Mall and picks up a bag of your CHICAGO STYLE, for two of my sons, your DOUBLE HIT for my Hubby and I, your BLUEBERRY for himself, and you're SUPER KID FOR MY 16 YEAR OLD.
We have a Saturday Night Movie Night even now that our boys are 19, 17, AND 2 ARE 16. Three of our boys have Girlfriends. Their friends often join us and we all share the popcorn and some cheese, and pop. We may play a game afterwards.
What I like is that your popcorn doesn't have to always have sweet flavours. That is what the boys like as well. My Husband Dave could eat the whole bag of the Double Hit as it's his favorite. He actually is on the road a lot and it gives him something to munch on while listening to the radio.
Thanks for a great idea, for a great company, and for such great products.
Lieca (Lisa) from Saskatoon
We'll get a Group PopStar out to both Market Mall and Lawson Heights to raffle off in your stores.
And then there is our NorthStar – Jackie, at Eaton Centre North…
I received this email about our perfectly popped Jackie:
My name is Stephanie and I needed to take a moment to talk about your Eaton Centre location at 1 Dundas West.
It is phenomenal. I went to get some popcorn the other day and the manager there is so amazing. She is really working hard, making the business look good and making people happy. I really hope that Kernels recognizes good employee work and their work ethic. This woman was there all alone managing an incredibly busy store clearly tired but still smiling and making people happy.
Please let her know that she is doing an amazing job and let the company recognize her for her amazing abilities. I wish I had caught her name but I did not want to take up any more of her time than necessary.
Stephanie B (White Cheddar)
Jackie, thanks for shining so brightly! Your PopStar Reward is off to you!