Popcorn Crusted Ice Cream Sandwiches
This caramel ice cream sandwich is a dessert that will definitely wow the whole family and friends, too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time:1 hour 10minutes | Serves: 8
- 5cups (1.25 L) KernelsCreamy Caramel popcorn, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toffee bits
- 2 cups (500 mL) vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
In separate bowl, with electric beaters, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and corn syrup until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined; fold in toffee bits and 3 cups (750 mL) popcorn.
Divide into 16balls. Drop about 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake, in batches, for 10 to 12minutes or until tops are set and bottoms are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer to rack. Let cool completely.
Slightly crush remaining popcorn. Sandwich 1/4(60 mL) scoop of ice cream between 2 cookies; roll edge in crushed popcorn. Freeze until ice cream is firm. (Make-ahead: Can be frozen in airtight container for up to 1 week; let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.)
- If you like, substitute chocolate ice cream for vanilla.
- Add white or dark chocolate chips to cookie batter if desired.